5/26/10

Billions of Voices

No, I'm not going crazy.  But I did feel like I heard a billion voices yesterday. It's always interesting to be around people that are so different from you. We are in Maine. Walking through the airports, we navigated around thousands of people. I heard bits and pieces of their conversations, but I could never really catch more than a sentence or two.  Karen's finishing up nursing school. A man was missing his sweetheart. One lady was telling someone about her nephew's christening.

After a while, it became a game to me. I was trying to listen to everyone that I could at the same time and see if I could make out what each person was saying individually. I heard familiar words, but I could not keep all of their sentences straight. And then I thought about God and how I feel like he only listens to me. But in reality, he listens to all that come to him. I could not effectively listen to the people around me, but God... He invites billions of voices to pray to him.  And he hears everyone.

1 comments:

Griffin said...

Great post, Evan, and reminds me how someone as powerful as God cares for each and every soul especially the unsaved to turn to Him.

Post a Comment