5/22/10

To Rachel

Dear Rachel,

I can only attempt to describe how much I love you. Because my love for you cannot be explained through words. As hard as I try, I can't seem to transfer to you my understanding of how much I love you. I don't believe that any man can fully explain to his wife how much he loves her. Men are limited in our expressive abilities. But I think this is by design.

If a man could fully articulate how much he loves his wife, why would he need to try anymore? I believe God limits my ability to clarify and convey my love to you because he knows how much I want to.  And he knows that if he didn't, I might stop trying. Instead, he gives husbands small pieces of wisdom at a time, if they're searching for it. Small ways to show their wives how much they care. I can honestly say that my relationship with Christ has been strengthened because of the realization of my responsibility for you. On May 22, 2009, God gave me a beautiful wife to love and to be loved by. But he also gave me a woman to take care of and to lead spiritually. And in that realization, I knew that I could not do that without Christ. 

We have been through a lot this past year. You have put up with my late nights of studying, my selfishness and my inability to fully master the art of listening. We have fought and laughed about the most idiotic things. But through it all, God continues to teach us about each other. Thanks for an amazing first year of marriage.


With all my love,

Evan

0 comments:

Post a Comment