8/30/10

6 Questions for God

I had a conversation with God the other day.  I asked him some questions and he responded to each one.  Of course, it may have been my imagination, but the answers that formed in my head seemed unusually clear, and useful.  

Either way, I thought I would share.  

Me:  Is there anything separating me from you?  
God:  Yep.

Me:  What is fueling the separation? 
God:  Choices.  I let you choose to love me.  To follow me.  To obey me.  When you don't choose me, we separate.

Me:  What are my options?
God:  You trust me or you don't.

Me:  Do I trust you?
God:  No.  But don't worry.  I made you.  I know that you are hesitant to trust what you don't know.

Me:  Wait.  I do know you.  Don't I?
God:  I give you pieces.  There's a lot more to me.

Me:  How do I get to know you more?
God:  Talk to me like you're doing now.  And read about me.  I've given you hundreds of stories with people just like you who obeyed me, disobeyed me, loved me, fought for me, died for me, lived for me, sacrificed for me.  I reveal myself in those stories.

"Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know." -Jeremiah 33:3

2 comments:

Joshua Rogers said...

Interesting.

Elizabeth Cheek said...

thats good stuff! e

Post a Comment