8/9/10

Be Grateful For What You Have Wished For

When I was in junior high, I had braces and was socially awkward.  I am still a bit socially awkward, but I remember thinking that I just wanted to be in high school already.

When I was in high school, I had a lot of older friends, who eventually left me wishing I was going to college with them.

When I got to college, I felt free.  I was happy with where I was.  But by the end of my junior year, I decided I wanted to go to law school, and was impatient to start.

Now, I am about to begin my third and final year of law school.  It has flown by, but I often tell people (in awkward small talk) that I'm ready for it  to end so I can practice law.

It seems that at each stage of my life, I am wishing for the next.

Take a second to think about where you are in life.  Did you wish or even pray for the job you have now, or the school you are in?  If so, don't wish it away.  Enjoy it until God takes you somewhere else.

If not, I would start talking with God about why he needs you where you are.

1 comments:

Joshua Rogers said...

Great, great, succinct thoughts. One time - just once, something memorable and wise was said on a reality TV show.

A woman was confronting her ex-boyfriend with the help of a therapist. She was in the long line of women he had left in the dust. "You know what your problem is, Charlie?" she said. "You are always looking for the next best thing."

Post a Comment