12/31/10

Guilt By Christianity

I've probably written some posts that have offended you. It's easy to come across as condemning or judgmental when you write about Christianity. It's never been my intention to tell people how bad they are, only to encourage them to be better. Most of my posts are written pep-talks to myself.

So I wanted to write, to myself and others, to remind us that we should never share our faith or give food or donate money because it's a rule of Christianity. Pastors or family members or bloggers may try to influence you to do more. But everyone could do more. The missionary in Africa could do more. Don't be guilted by Christianity. That's never the way Jesus intended it to be used.

"Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver." -2 Cor. 9:7.

1 comments:

growup318.com said...

Amen. Love this post.
I look forward to reading more in the near future.
Blessings,
Heather Joy

Post a Comment