1/12/11

Noah's Faith

I've always been fascinated by the story of Noah and his ark. I like to think the man had more followers than his family. But I'm probably wrong. I don't remember reading anything about Noah having to turn people away. The town probably thought he was some old drunk with a crazy idea. But we look back on that story and marvel at his faith.

God didn't give him a wimpy canoe to build; He commanded a ship. A big ship. I've read that the ark was over 400 feet in length (longer than a football field) and 45 feet tall (higher than a three-story building).

God chooses ordinary people because he knows of their extraordinary faith. We ask God for peace and strength and blessings. But what if we sincerely asked Him to show the world how big He is through us? Surely, those things would follow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment