4/22/11

God And His Teenage Son.

Sometimes my relationship with God resembles a father's relationship with his sixteen-year-old son. Some days I'm a good kid; I do my chores and come home before my curfew. But other days I get spiritually hormonal, and I just need some gas money.

I've tried to figure this out. I've even discussed it with God: "God, why am I completely obedient and on fire for you one day, and then the... wait, I'm getting a text. Oh! My friends are going to see Fast and Furious 10. Later, Dad."

But still He loves us. Still, He cares and knows about every single detail of our lives. If you've ever treated God like this... if you've ever wondered why you are capable of week-long spiritual highs, only to plunge back into your sin nature, it may be because you actually are that sixteen-year-old son or daughter, spiritually.

Don't feel bad about this; realize it. Let it be your motivation to let God grow you up. "God disciplines us for our good, in order that we may share in his holiness." (Heb. 12:10). God's discipline is love.

1 comments:

Spiritual Klutz said...

Well done, Evan.

Post a Comment