6/2/11

When Big Things Come

If you read my post from a few weeks ago, you already know that I have been on a long road of career uncertainty. I graduated on May 21, and at that point, I still did not have a job. Over the past few months, however, my relationship with God has been more intimate, more real than ever before. I've heard people say that, and it makes sense. When we want something only God can provide, we cling to Him. But what about when the big thing comes? What do we do when God answers that big prayer?

I am happy to say that God has done that for me and my family. Just days after graduation, He provided an amazing job, one that I could not be more thankful for. As I look back over the past few months and the countless times I heard the words, "we're not hiring," He has given me the clarity that only comes from his timing. 

But I wonder - how will this affect our relationship? Can I maintain this intimacy with Him? I've learned through all of this that God wants us all in one place: dependent on Him. So when He provides the job or the husband or the house or the baby, find another way to be dependent on Him.

0 comments:

Post a Comment